Thursday, November 11, 2010

Music Magazine Covers - genre


This is the front cover of Vibe magazine. I chose this because my attention was immediately drawn to it. Its bright and funky but its different and not the usual type of magazine cover. I like the colour scheme of this magazine cover as a variation of colours have been used. I like the idea of bright colours like; blue, pink and green because it doesn't seem as if it has been aimed at just the females.
The photograph is of a famous music artist, taken in a studio but later photoshopped; this gives it an abstract effect to the front cover, making it stand out from the other magazines. The artists face impressions also connote a certain mood, in this case she looks like someone with "attitude" which fits the R&B genre. Although it is a music magazine, this one clearly states that it is a 'Style Issue' which may attract more females than males, but it fits well with what I wanted my magazine to be like (Music and fashion).

No comments:

Post a Comment