Monday, November 22, 2010

Unique Selling Point

My target audience for my magazine are people of both genders, aged around 13 and 19. I will make sure my magazine will contain a variation of pictures and writing styles and will be colourful with out trying to make it too girly, or too boyish. However my magazine will slightly be bias to females due to my thoughts of making the magazine a hybrid of music and fashion.
I am aiming on making my magazine follow the rules and conventions of a music magazine, yet maybe breaking some rules to make my magazine different, and stand out from others.

An example of a magazine cover that breaks the rules is:


This is because, the photo on the front cover is a long-shot, when usually for the covers of magazines, a medium-shot is used. However, this photograph still works because it is connoting Lily Allen's 'wicked ways' by showing her stood next to two jaguars.

Other ways of breaking the conventions of a magazine cover, is to have the model in the photo not giving direct address or a photo that has not been shot in a studio. 

To make my front cover unique, I am planning to shoot it in the studio (which is not breaking the rules) but have my models giving a non-direct address. This should make my front cover unique and hopefully give it an interesting effect to my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment