Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fashion Magazines

For my project, I am planning on making my magazine a hybrid of music and fashion. It will mainly be about music, but it will have a section of fashion so that it will interest a wider range or audiences.

Here are some of my favorite Fashion Magazine covers that caught my eye:


I particularly like this magazine cover, because its original and interesting. I have never seen a magazine like this before, and it breaks the rules and conventions of a typical fashion magazine, but it works because it drew my attention to it. Although, there is not much information on the cover of what will be included in the magazine. 




This magazine cover also caught my eye as again, it is something different. It's not often that you find a magazine which combines sport with fashion, but here it makes it look interesting and it makes the audience intrigued to find out what might be inside the magazine. This magazine has included lots of facts of what will be in the magazine, which is good because the audience will then want to read on. Also, the photographs don't seem bias to one sex, but it seems like this issue of the magazine applies to both men and women.




This magazine cover is a bit more simple than the other ones, but it still caught my attention because of the direct address photograph used. The picture seems really personal, as if the model is revealing something. This makes me want to read more and find out what the celebrity has got to tell us. The neutral colours gives a warm, relaxed mood. 




This is one of my favorite magazine covers. The stylists have made the model look old fashioned and the black and white effect enhances that look.
Its original and it caught my attention straight away. Its not a busy front cover, but it still contains a few facts of what will appear inside the magazine. The huge 'V' also stands out like a statement, and you immediately recognize the magazine brand.




No comments:

Post a Comment